An Introduction To Zodiac Sign Dates
If astrology has always fascinated you, then you’re not the only one. We’ve always loved it and, we want to share with you everything we know about the zodiac sign dates, characteristics, and more.
As you’ve noticed, this content is dedicated to the twelve zodiac signs that together make up what we call the zodiac. Yes, as we’ve said, the zodiac is made up of twelve signs, corresponding to the twelve constellations that are affected by the Sun and by the other planets that orbit along an axis called an elliptical.
Did you know that every month the Sun enters a sign determining its season and, of course, your birthday?
What are the 12 signs of the zodiac?
The world of the zodiac signs and the stars has always fascinated us since the dawn of time when magic, stars, and the interpretation of the sky have captured our attention. There are those who believe in it and those who do not, but we all look at the horoscopes and particular analyzes of the constellations and planets with some interest.
The Zodiac Signs are the 12 sections into which the Zodiac is divided, and they measure 30 ° each and are named after the Constellations that are part of the zodiac. In the zodiac, we count 13 constellations, as the Ophiuchus, the Sun transits only for 7 days in the constellation of the Scorpio, and for another 18 days in the constellation of Ophiuchus, but this matters little for astrological purposes.
The 12 signs of the zodiac are Aries, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Leo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, and Pisces. These twelve signs are divided into four components: fire, earth, air, and water. Each sign is partitioned into 3 sections that we call decan.
Zodiac signs are characterized as a type of ecliptic organized space that maps the sun in the situation of the vernal equinox in an immaculate manner. The ecliptic is viewed as the inception lying on the latitudinal lines.
What are the dates for star signs?
Below, to help understanding and consultation, all 12 signs of the zodiac with the period. An important thing to know is that whoever was born between one sign and another is called the cusp and it is said that it often takes the characteristics of its neighbor in the zodiac.
- Aries – Fire Sign – Dates: March 21 to April 20
- Taurus – Earth Sign – Dates: April 21 to May 20
- Gemini – Sign of Air – Dates: May 21 to June 21
- Cancer – Sign of Water – Dates: June 22 to July 22
- Leo – Fire Sign – Dates: July 23 to August 23
- Virgo – Earth Sign – Dates: August 24 to September 22
- Libra – Sign of Air – Dates: September 23 to October 22
- Scorpio – Sign of Water – Dates: October 23 to November 22
- Sagittarius – Fire Sign – Dates: November 23 to December 21
- Capricorn – Earth Sign – Dates: December 22 to January 20
- Aquarius – Sign of Air – Dates: January 21 to February 19
- Pisces – Sign of Water – Dates: February 20 to March 20
What represents a zodiac sign date or character in humans?
In the first place, the term “sign” expresses exactly the common and colloquial meaning of “something that stands for something else, instead of something else“.
In semiotic theory, the sign is a complex entity, as it is a system composed of elements: a meaning, a signifier, and a referent. That is, to function, a sign must exist as a signifier, have a form and a substance (a sound, a concept, a graphic element, a material object, …) that refers to meaning, that is to a content that we want to express through that sign, and this meaning arrives and is interpreted by the referents, i.e. the subjects who can see, hear, receive the sign both in its physical manifestation (signifier) than in its content (meaning). A sign is always a sign “of something” and “for someone”.
When we talk about the signs of the zodiac or astrological sign we are therefore referring to meanings, to a symbolic and archetypal content, sometimes metaphorical, to a set of information (and therefore a meaning) that manifest itself in the birth chart as graphic symbols and names referring to the constellations of the zodiac (signifier); obviously, the referent is the man, who over the millennia, from the observation of nature and the sky.
Is there a difference between zodiacal signs and zodiacal constellations?
There is, therefore, a fundamental difference between zodiacal signs and zodiacal constellations. Constellations are elements of astronomy, they are those sets of stars that from the point of view of the Earth seem close to each other and in the past have suggested similarities or approaches to animals, divinity, etc …
The Signs instead belong to astrology and are sets of meanings, symbols, archetypal contents. When we speak of the constellation of Aries, we are referring to that handful of stars we see in the sky, while when we speak of the Sign of Aries we are referring to a period of the year (i.e. the month from March 21 to April 21) in which the Sun rises in the constellation of Aries. That is, looking at the sunrise to the east, we will see the Sunrise against the background of the constellation of Aries, and the light of the Sun which gradually “cancels” the constellation itself.
In reality, given the phenomenon of the precession of the equinoxes, in our days on March 21 the Sun no longer rises in the constellation of Aries, but in that of Pisces. There is a negative difference of about 23° between the real, astronomical position. The Sun and the other planets of the natal chart (the so-called sidereal position) and the astrological position (tropical position).
The Sign of Aries, therefore, refers to a period of the year, and to the characteristics that life on Earth assumes in that period, in the cycle of nature and vegetation, in the habits of animals. It is an abstract, symbolic, archetypal meaning, precisely, which is based on the “terrestrial” experience but has very little to do with the stars that make up the constellation of Aries.
In which season of the year do zodiac signs belong?
In Western astrology, the different astrology signs belong to a season of the year:
- Aries starts Spring on March 21 (Spring Equinox);
- Cancer starts the summer, on June 22 (summer solstice);
- Libra starts Autumn, on September 23 (Autumn Equinox);
- Capricorn starts Winter on December 22 (Winter Solstice).
For each season they consider the different ways of expressing energy: cardinal (the sign that starts the season), which is the sign on which it is based; fixed (the sign that keeps the season), which is the sign that continues giving stability and safety; and mobile (the sign that concludes the season), which is the sign that is experiencing the transformation phase of the season, enjoying the most advanced but also terminal phase.
It should be emphasized that each modality resonates with an element, and in particular the first four zodiac signs reflect the nature of the element in their modality:
- the first of the Fire Signs are Aries, it is a cardinal sign, and it is a typical activity of Fire to start things up, to put energy, to push;
- the first of the Earth Sign is Taurus, which is a fixed sign, and like the Earth, it gives stability, continuity, the amplitude of time and vision, concreteness, and patience.
- the first Sign Of Air is Gemini, which is a mobile sign, just like the characteristic of Air, which is in constant motion, is the flow of thoughts, is the speed of communication and connections;
- the first of the Signs Of Water is Cancer, which returns to be a cardinal sign, and reflects the quality of Water to generate life or a new level of consciousness: where the energy of Fire starts material things, the sensitivity and the feeling of Water initiates spiritual processes, higher awareness.